Welcome to handball Swedens hottest rallying!
Åhus Beach Handball is Swedens most famous and appreciated summer event within child, youth, and senior-handball. The tournament is played on the beach in Åhus and contributes to a big connection for the whole handball-Sweden. Åhus Beach handball Festival is a proud member of the Swedish Cup tour.
The fact that the common denominator for sports, and especially handball, is love proves that sports are important, and also that Åhus Beach Handball’s mission is to spread and strengthen the sport in Sweden.
Åhus Beach Handball is the world’s biggest handball-tournament. In total participate over 1 300 teams, 15 000 players and leaders from 140 compounds. Together they play around 6 500 games on the 19 sandfields, and together with the supporters, are there approximately 75 000 visitors during the festival. We hope that the players, children and families of tomorrow wants to together with Sweden’s handball profiles feel the joy and connection that’s been created on our unique beach and venue in Åhus!
Play Days 2017
|Born 2008||14 July||1395:-|
|Born 2007||15-16 July||2195:-|
|Born 2006||14-15 July||2195:-|
|Born 2005||16-17 July||2195:-|
|Born 2004||18-19 July||2195:-|
|Born 2003||20-21 July||2195:-|
|Born 2002||17-18 July||2195:-|
|Born 2001||21-22 July||2195:-|
|Born 2000||19-20 July||2195:-|
|Junior League Born 97-99||15-16 July||2595:-|
|Senior Open League||21-22 July||3000:-|
|Exercise league||22 July||2595:-|
|Elite League||21-22 July||–|
Senior Open League Women/Men
Are you a couple friends who usually play in different clubs? In this league you’ll be able to play together. Mix players as you wish, active and not active.NOTE! The age restriction is 17 and older. (The year you turn 17)
Senior Exercise League Women/Men
Gather your friends and have a fun day at the beach. This league is for you who usually do something other than playing handball. Players 15 and up, and
for NOT active handball players. No men in the women’s-league, but gladly women in the men’s-league.
Sweden´s elite teams on the women-and men side together with international top class clubs fight for the master title in the festivals elite league. The group winner and the overall winner will receive prize money in both women-and men leagues. Contact Mats G Jönsson if you´re interested !
Information about the contest
Åhus Beach Handball builds its concept after the Swedish Handball Federations rules for indoor handball, with a few exceptions.
- The matches start with tossing up the ball
- No returns after a goal, the game starts again immediately by the goalkeeper inside of the goal area
- 3 players + 1 goalkeeper on the field applies for all leagues, and a maximum of 6 subs
- The recommended amount of players per team is 8
- Match time 1 x 10 minutes
- The sandfield is 12 x 25 metres, the line for the goal area is drawn right across the field (6 metres).
- Regular handball-goals, the crossbar is lowered for the E, D and C1-leagues
- When the ball, after being saved by the goalkeeper, goes beyond the sideline but inside of the goal area, it’s the goalkeeper’s throw.
- 1 minute of expulsion (no warnings given!). Three expulsions results in a red card! The player that’s been sent off sit by the functionary table. The referee and scorekeeper manages the expulsion together!
- Red card with a report can lead to suspension in one or more future matches. All red cards with report will be sent to related district-association.
- Players/leaders will automatically be suspended from 1 match after two “red cards” – applies for all ages/leagues
- The red cards are cleared for the finals
- Dipping the ball is allowed, however the ball must be RELEASED from the hand while doing so, 3 new steps can be used!
- Rolling the ball is allowed, counts as bouncing.
- Same amount of points in playoff result in “sudden death” after a 30 second break.
- Switches are done between the functionary table and goal area.
- Beach-handballs come in different sizes, see under Registration Information (LÄNK) to see which ball size your league plays with.
- Big group games for all leagues, one-day leagues have 5-6 teams in every group, and two-day’s about 10-12 in every group.
- A and B playoffs are applied and in some leagues even C-finals
- The order in the preliminary rounds are determined by a regular point system. If two or more teams have the same amount of points, is the
order decided by these priorities: 1) Points 2) Goal difference 3) Most goals made 4) IM Points 5) IM goal difference 6) IM most goals made 7) Lottery
- Finals every night around 21.00-22.00 for the child-leagues
- The finals for youth and junior are around 22.00 and on the completion on Saturday around 21.30
- 8 medals per team for the winner, the runner up and also for the semi-finalists in the A-playoff
- The winner in A-playoffs will also receive a cup and champion-shirts. The runner up in the A-playoff will receive a cup.
- Original team names are only allowed in the Exercise-leagues and Open-leagues.
- It is the team’s responsibility to make sure that their vacancy is appointed. Appointed spots in the vacancy will directly be updated in the computer system.
- Teams who leave the tournament after its started is fined with 1 500; WO gives 2 points and 5-0
- The competition Åhus Beach Handball has yearly sanctions from the Swedish Handball Federation.
- The competition is included in Everything About Handball’s Cup tour for youth-teams.
Additional rules for the Exercise-leagues
- No active players are allowed to be in the exercise-leagues. An active player is someone whose played in a registered association/league after the 1 of January the same year.
- If a reason for play-break the whole same year is injury and the player is going to start playing in the registered association after the tournament, they will be counted as ACTIVE and won’t be allowed to participate in matches.
- All players shall be presented with their full personal code number (6) in formation. If they’re not, the team can be denied to play matches.
- We expect active players will in accordance with these rules, take responsibility towards “real” exercisers and won’t participate in the exercise-leagues.
- Breaking these rules can be prosecuted with immediate suspension for the whole team. Exemption information
- Exemption applications is done via your team page. The last day for the applications is the 30th of June.
- A covenant exemption is allowed to use i at Åhus Beach Handball and shall at request from the competition staff be shown.
- It’s not assured that all exemptions are allowed. They’re checked time to time, depending on things about the compounds conditions. For example: big/large operation, many teams in the tournament, etc.
- Keep in mind that players with exemptions will NOT be allowed to play in the A-playoffs.
- Adolescents who’s 17 and older can play in the elite-and open-leagues in Åhus Beach Handball.
- Adolescents who’s 15 and older can play in the exercise-leagues in Åhus Beach Handball.
- Teams who use unqualified players will be excluded from the tournament immediately.
- Transitions-information (does not apply for exercise, company, -and open-leagues)
- SHF’s rules for player-transfers apply, see svenskhandboll.se (LÄNK) Match-clothes
- Approved match-clothes for Exercise, Open, Company -and Sponsor-leagues are shorts, tank top, regular top or T-shirt.
- For the other leagues regular match-clothes apply.
- When the teams have the same color on their shirts, shall the away team wear vests, and Åhus Beach Handball stands for the vests.
- The goalkeeper shall wear another color on their shirt than the rest of their team, and they’re allowed to wear a cap and sunglasses during the match.
- Match-clothes shall have numbers on them (0-99)! We’re not as picky with the exercise-and company-leagues though.
A JURY WILL BE APPLIED. If any of you for some reason wants to leave in a protest, contact the contest office, at the latest, 15 minutes after the game has ended. The form will be filled in and be handed in together 500:- (which only will be paid back if the protest is approved) to the contest office. The jury will meet and will come back with an answer at the latest 15 minutes after the protest has been handed in.
We want, together with you, to with these directives give handball and youth a chance to keep on developing positively. If someone uses a swear word during a match, it will lead to one (1) minutes expulsion. If someone uses sexual words or foul language straight out and/or at the referee, a player, leader or the audience, it will lead to a red card. Obscene or offensive gestures, physical violence and any form of threat will be punished with a red card. Zero tolerance is also apply for
alcohol-consuming out on the festival area, and also if there’s suspicions that players or leaders are drunk! Åhus Beach Handball Festival has the right to reject these people from the area, thus being disqualified from the competition! All of us together create the conditions for a successful festival in a positive environment
These talented young people that are here to help players, leaders and audience are worth gold! They’re here to give you the best service for just your game. They’re not referees who make any decision, they are to help you and the referees! We ask you to treat these adolescents with respect and if there’s something you want to discuss about the match, talk with the REFEREE and not the scorekeeper. They report in the game results, judged by the referee, and help keeping track on the time at expulsions! Also keep in mind that everyone can be affected by the human factor, something can go wrong. But keep NODSWD (No One Does Something Wrong Deliberately) in mind, and we’ll surely be able to solve potential mistakes in the best way!
How do we register a team?
International teams send a email to email@example.com